>Hi, I run mandrake 8. I changed X to the 4.x version using mandrakes setup program
>(can't
>rem the name, but, it let's you change the version running. So, I changed from 3.x to
>4.x
>and now X has HUGE fonts. Everythings giant. What should I do?!
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>Tom.

Do you run by any chance a Virtual desktop sized rather big (Virtual
setting in XF86Config-4)? Then this is typical. But why panic, just
change the font sizes in kcontrol to sth. small.
I run X with the following settings and I had to reduce font sizes to 6
and this looks perfect:

    Subsection "Display"
        Depth       24
        Modes       "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        ViewPort    0 0
        Virtual     1920 1440
        #Virtual            2048 1536
    EndSubsection