I'm not sure where to look for help with this.

Disconnected external zip drive, printer is connected to parallel
port.

Printer is Lexmark 5700, which is recognized by Harddrake, and when
configuring it, it seems to print the test page.

However, when I try to print anything else, the printer sucks a sheet
of paper through and spits it out without printing anything--almost
like a form feed. Tried removing and re-configuring to no avail.

I ran PUPS and got a message that I don't have permission to access
the device /dev/lp0.

I checked ls /dev/lp0 and it returned /dev/lp0@ flashing red. (Red
usually means bad, I fear.)

I apologize for being such a bonehead about this :-(.

TIA,
Todd
--
Todd Slater