On Thursday 03 January 2002 20:36, you wrote:
> On Thursday 03 January 2002 01:48, you wrote:
> > When I was running MDK 8, Linux did see my DOS partition, but now Iīve
> > moved to XP and from MDK 8.1 I canīt see my NTFS partition, wich is a
> > mess!!!
> >
> > Where can I look to fix it up?!?!?!
> >
> > Any suggestion would be apreciated.

There is already a nicely explained thread going on (which civilme has been
responding very well on) regarding NTFS/NTFS5 etc. Basicaly, Linux doesn't
recognize NTFS5 due to propietary M$ =).  You could install XP on a fat32 fs
instead and Linux will recognize the partition.  Another option might be to
make a small pimary partition at the beginning of the drive (C) so that XP
will install it's special files there, installing XP then to the next
partition as NTFS5 and then Mandrake on yet another extended partition.  This
will allow proper dual booting of XP or Linux.  However, you still won't be
able to read the NTFS5 from within Linux.

cheers
deg