>As for the lack of a .edu email, I think only the staff would get those. I
>thought that this sounded like a continuing education thing.

This depends on the University or institution in question.  For example, at
the University of West Florida (which I graduated from in Fall 2000),
students are given something like [EMAIL PROTECTED] .  Of course, as a
CS major, I also had accounts on the CS departmental server, as well as on
the lab sparcs.  I also have an account on a server run by a group called
Web Spinners, which I was one of the founding members for,
@wsdo.sao.uwf.edu or @webspinners.uwf.org .

Of course, in all cases, I was never technically 'staff' per-se,
(especially for the general / cs accounts), since I was (and still am) a
'volunteer' out there.

Michael

--
Michael Viron