Hello,

        I was installing linux to an approximately 8 gig partition (reiserfs)
and that seemed to give some stability in the case of my numerous
stabs at the reset switch.  But now I have a somewhat stable system
but have to reinstall linux due to video driver issues.

        It has been suggested that I shrink this partition down a little bit
in order to create a separate smaller partition for my /home
directories.  This in case I ever have to reinstall (after this next time) I
won't lose all of our email/personal files/configuration & settings.

        What is a good size for the /home directory?  I know I don't need
the whole 8 gigs for my "main" linux partition - I think when I installed
Mandrake it only took up about 3.5 gigs, maybe even a little bit less.

        Does it matter what file system I use for the separate partition?
Should I just make it reiserfs also?

        And while I'm wondering about partitions, somewhere I had the
option to tell it whether a partition shouold be primary, extended, or
not pick anything.  Not knowing what I should pick, I didn't pick any
option.  Does it matter in linux if I choose an option or not?

        Thanks,
        Wes G.
        (Temporarily) from Windows