On Sat, 5 Jan 2002 12:44:47 -0500
mooseman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> X-RebelTech Is Here: http://www.rebeltech.ca
>
> hi all,
>
> i don't suppose that anyone can offer help for compiling a newer version of
> the 8139too netcard driver?
>
> i have the 0.9.15 version installed on my system. it mostly works but i have
> been having some flakiness. according to the release notes, version 0.9.22a
> is the latest and greatest and it fixes a number of things that could be what
> i am experiencing.
>
> however, i have no experience at compiling linux drivers.
> i extract all the files that came with the .gz file from sourceforge.
> it has a makefile, but if i cd to the dir that i have extracted to and do a
> make in that dir, it complains about can't find some linux header files.
>
> i have all the source installed on my machine. i don't know if i should try
> to hack the makefile or the 8139too.c file to try and get it to find all the
> right files and dirs it needs or if there is an easier way.
> setting some ENVs or something.
>
> i have tried as both my username and as root. no solution to either.
>
> any thoughts?
> anyone have a pre-build version?

you may have all of the source code but you may be missing some of the devel packages.
go to rpmdrake (SoftwareManager) and do a search for the file missing. it should turn
up with something.

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back."

Anuerin G. Diaz
Design Engineer
Millennium Software, Incorporated
2305 B West Tower, Philippines Stocks Exchange Center,
Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City

Tel# 638-3070 loc. 72
Fax# 638-3079