On Sat, 5 Jan 2002 20:08:57 -0800
"Mithrilhall2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I recently installed a slave drive into my linux computer (the slave drive
> was formatted from windows). When viewing this slave drive from linux, linux
> indicated that the drive was only 2.9 Gigs when in fact it's 20 Gigs. Well,
> I've decided to start from scratch and want to re-format the slave drive and
> was wondering how to do this in linux.
>
> I would like to re-format the slave drive and partition it as well.

use DiskDrake here especially if you are going to delete the whole drive anyway. The
exercise would be also be rewarding.

> One more question:
>
> I have a proftpd server running. I recently took some games I have in zip
> files and burned them to a CD and dumped them on the linux computer. If I
> download the game (via FTP) back to my windows computer and try unzipping
> them they always have some errors and will not work. The games work
> perfectly if I copy them off the CD to my windows computer so the files must
> be getting corrupted when being transferred via FTP.
>
> Does anyone have any knowledge of proftpd having problems with files that
> are over a certain size? The zip files (which have been make into .exe are
> about 172MB to 400+MB.
>
> Any help on either of these problems would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Mithrilhall

how did you download the files? is the transfer set to binary? if by any chance you
downloaded it using ascii then the zip files will be corrupted during transfer. im
using a proftpd server here in the office and we are not experiencing transferring
large files here, YMMV.

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back."

Anuerin G. Diaz
Design Engineer
Millennium Software, Incorporated
2305 B West Tower, Philippines Stocks Exchange Center,
Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City

Tel# 638-3070 loc. 72
Fax# 638-3079