On Monday 07 January 2002 09:56 am, Wes Gregg wrote:
>       Hello,
>
>       I would like to make a backup of my email so that when I reinstall
> Linux I can restore it.  I am using KMail.  Does anyone know which
> files (& directory) have my email & mail folders in them?  Can I just
> use one of the archive tools in KDE's desktop menu to archive them?
> I assume I can copy the archive file to my windows partition where it
> will be (reasonably) safe while I reinstall Mandrake 8.1 and then
> just copy it back and unarchive it back where it came from?

    Save your entire  /home/<user>/Mail/ folder, and
/home/<user>/.kde/share/config/kmailrc.  I don't bother with savin my
address book, I re-create it from my sent mail, reply, and another
Kmail folder I made, stor,  folders. Good opportunity to clean it out,
only takes a minute ;)
--
    Tom Brinkman                       Corpus Christi, Texas, USA