Check out www.jxta.org, It already has a file sharing example.

HTH,
Hugo.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] file sharing

  Ο/Η chuck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> έγραψε:

To be more specific, I am looking for a P2P file sharing client. I have
used gtk gnutella and didn't find it to be particularly compelling,
mainly because I have difficulty connecting. Are there any other
clients for gnutella or fast track that work well.

Thanks,

Go to www.kazaa.com and download kazaa client for Linux. Its about 256k. Only thing is, that you have to use it from console by going to its directory and after you install it you have to type ./kza and it will work. It's a little bit ancient looking but it really does work well.

-Chuck

On Mon, 2002-01-07 at 21:05, Michael Viron wrote:
> samba, nfs, appletalk, ftp, http, scp, sftp all come immediately to mind --
> it all depends on who you want to share it to, between what operating
> systems, and what it is that you wishh to share.
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Michael Viron
> Registered Linux User #81978
> Senior Systems & Administration Consultant
> Web Spinners, University of West Florida
>
> At 08:29 PM 01/07/2002 -0800, you wrote:
> >Can anyone recommend a good file sharing app?
> >
> >TIA
> >
> >-Ch! uck
> >

> >Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
> >Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
> >

> ------------=_1010466193-11608-4234
> Go to http://www.manndrakestore.com

Do You Yahoo!?