Yes, ext3 is a journaling filesystem.

An article in Linux Magazine called 'Journaling filesystems' can be found
at http://www.linux-mag.com/2000-08/journaling_01.html , which should
answer your questions.  Or for that matter, go to http://www.google.com,
and do a search on 'Journaling Filesystems'.

Michael

--
Michael Viron
Registered Linux User #81978