I dunno about 'raw' files either but I have sometimes found files being ending
with extension gz and they are not. all i need to do is to rename them and
remove the gz extension. for e.g. i found a postscript file qqq.ps.gz and i
just rename it to qqq.ps and way i go. i have found it in quite a number of
files (on the net) and i dunno why people name it so - specially when gz
doesn't mean anything.

just try renaming and using the 'raw' file in the way u want. my guess is that
is a file to write on a cd like an iso image or something.

just thinking out loud ;-)

navin