On Thursday 10 January 2002 15:21, lee wrote:
|  Hi folks...
|
|  What causes kppp to enter temp entries into the /etc/resolve file
| anyway ? One fix I've heard (coulda been right here) was to make the
| resolve file read only ?
|
|  Another fix I'm curious about is just another dialer altogether..say
| wvdial for example. I used it in debian and worked well I thought.
|
|  If I knew what was causing these entries perhaps I could fix that ? It
| does it to the point sometimes where it'll stop my surfing (more than 3
| nameservers for ex.)

I can't remember what I changed in kppp but this is an extraction in part
of my ~/.kde/share/config/kppprc shows this:
[Account0]
AccountingEnabled=1
AccountingFile=
Authentication=1
AutoDNS=1
AutoName=0
BeforeConnect=
BeforeDisconnect=
Command=
DNS=
DefaultRoute=1
DisconnectCommand=
Domain=
ExDNSDisabled=0
Gateway=0.0.0.0
IPAddr=0.0.0.0

Thats with a dynamic ip address.  Maybe you could compare?

skinky
--
oxymoron:  Microsoft Works