You've all been so helpful today...Here's another question:

I'm going through the process of updating my kernel as detailed in
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/security/2001/MDKSA-2001-079-1.php3 and my
question comes from this snippet of text where I'm supposed to add something
to lilo so I can boot to the old kernel if I need to:

You will also want to create a new entry with the initrd and image
directives pointing to the old kernel's vmlinuz and initrd images so you may
also boot from the old images if required.
How do I make these additions to /etc/lilo.conf?