I've just recently started using fetchmail myself.
You'll want to first get procmail (the Mail Delivery
Agent that comes in your Mandrake distribution)
configured first, and then configure fetchmail to
fetch your mail and have them processed by procmail
(which will sort them and put them in the mail folder
of your choice, etc... with "recipes" that you can
write).  About the best fetchmail documentation that
I've found is the on-line documentation (type "man
fetchmail").  It's not step-by-step, but if you read
through it, it's not too bad.  You can find some good
introductions to procmail for newbies from the
www.procmail.org website.  I found Nancy McGeough's
overview for newbies at the following site especially
helpful:http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/

After reviewing the fetchmail and procmail
documentation you may still have a few questions, but
hopefully these will give you a start.

Good luck,

Mel