On Saturday 12 January 2002 06:23, you wrote:
> Hello,
>
>       I wrote a while ago about problems I was having
> w/ the GCC / CC compilers and I still can't get it to
> work.
>
>       I checked my /usr/bin directories as people have
> suggested and I see the files are still there.  When I
> do an ls  in the /usr/bin directory, I get the
> following:
>
>      gcc*
>
>     and when I do an ls cc in the same directory, I
> get the following:
>
>      cc@
>
>      Now I do a "set cc = /usr/bin/cc" and that
> doesn't work.  I do a "set cc = /usr/bin/cc@" and that
> doesn't work either, nor does it work w/ any
> permutation of "set gcc = /usr/bin/gcc"
>
>      Any ideas of anything that might be wrong?  I
> have no idea what's happening.  I'm guessing it has
> something to do w/ the (*) and the (@) that follows
> the file name.

Paul,

The '@' after the 'cc' indicates it is a link to another file. You need
to do ls -l to find out where the link is pointing. It is likely that
the link is no longer pointing to a valid copy of gcc. If that is true,
you will need point it to the valid gcc executable you have on your
system.

HTH

--
<<< Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines >>>
Remove the fruit to obtain reply address: