On Monday 14 January 2002 04:57 am, you wrote:
> I could be wrong on this, but from what I understand, a file with a
> question mark on it means that it is not associated with any application or
> a recognized file type.  Are you sure that this is a html file?
> Registered Linux user #225209

Uhh....All I know for sure is that the original question and the directions:

 (Control Center -> File Browsing -> File Associations -> Text -> html
Change the application preference order to Opera at the top.)

seemed to answer my problem. URLs in KMail *seem* to now be associated with
Opera rather than Konqueror, as a clicked url now opens opera.
If, as you said clicking the url doesn't take you there but instead saves to
a local file, why did Konqueror acess them? Maybe I don't understand what you
meant, but any address I clicked in the  mail prog would be opened by
konqueror until I changed the association to Opera, so it seems that Opera
should open them now. I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing.