I've been playing with Apache and am able to access my machine by typing in
the IP address in a browser. I am connected to RoadRunner by a cable modem.
RR uses DHCP, so my IP could theoretically change. I named the machine
NAME.columbus.rr.com, which I found from winipcfg (when I still had Windows
:)).

If I want to host the domain myself,

1. do I need to run DNS on my box (and BIND is what I use to do this?)
2. are the dynamic dns services reliable enough?
3. how difficult is this, really?

I currently pay $9.95/month for hosting, and think it that money could be
better spent on, say, red meat.

Thanks,
Todd