Michael Viron wrote:

> You could try opening all ports to your internal network while keeping the
> rules for your external connection the same.  It could be that your
> firewall is blocking connection attempts on whatever TCP / IP port Diablo 2
> uses.
>
> Michael

Thanks for the reply, Michael. Well, I kinda figured that...(not being
sarcastic here-the thought had occurred to me!), but I was hoping someone had
run into this problem before and could point me to a specific file. I did a
search of the Newbie mailing list archives, and found -tons- of info about
firewalls, but nothing related to this problem. I also tried the Mandrake
forums and .org...again, nothing related.

Well, methinks I'll re-run the firewall tool, and leave one section open at a
time, until it works again. That at least, should narrow it down to "where".

Thanks again! ;-)

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord