I have recently just reinstalled my system.

Since the reinstall i have not been able to not been able to use my
cdrom drive. If i click on the icon on the dekstop it reports that it is
not a "valid block device".

The same happens if i use the mount command.

The cdrom device in /dev/ is a symbolic link to /dev/hdc which is what
the kde control centre reports my cdrom drive to be.

Can anyone help me here? i am positive it is not a faulty cdrom drive
bacuse its the same drive i just reinstalled from a couple of hours ago.

Any help appreciated, it would be helpfull if you could respond to this
address aswell as the list one as i cannot be subscibed to the list at
all times due to the high volumes.

Thank you.

Jamie Adams
Housing Assistant

Home Housing Association LTD
41 Castle Road, Scarborough, YO11 1BJ

t.  (01723) 340142
f.  (01723) 355862

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered
by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around
the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk