Anuerin G.Diaz wrote:

> On 18 Jan 2002 03:20:12 -0500
> Paul Rodr$ByH(Buez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>How come in some emails, apostrophe's [heh] show up as little square
>>boxes in Evolution?
>>
>>- Paul Rod$Bmg(Buez
>>

> must be conflict in locale and charsets. i have my locale set to japanese and your
>the 'rig' in your lastname shows up as a kanji character (yours is not the only one,
>there are some names which exhibit this behaviour).
>
> ciao!

Well, as you know, Microsoft also set some of the codes reserved for

control characters to graphics characters in their editors, and it

might be an effect from that as well.  There is a little perl script

called Demoroniser which can clean up websites from that mess and

keep the web author from looking dumber than a bag of dirt when the

site is viewed from a non-microsoft platform.

There is also a potential in linux for different character encodings

to produce this efect for some characters.

As a matter of fact, I see some "?" characters in this mail I am
replying to (Using mozilla with iso-8859-1).

Civileme