EvdB> Hello people.

EvdB> I have a little problem with my network configuration file. I have access to
EvdB> the Internet trough a router. In order to configure this, I need to alter
EvdB> the resolv.conf file in the etc folder. I don't have trouble with the
EvdB> configuration it self. Any time the file is edited I get my network and
EvdB> Internet connection up and running. But, when I (re) start or reboot my
EvdB> system, the resolv.conf file is overwritten meaning that I have to alter it
EvdB> again. I suspect that somewhere in the dungeons of Mandrake a script,
EvdB> launched during the Linux start sequence, is responsible for this. I have
EvdB> tried to find it but without result. Do any of you have an idea which
EvdB> process/script can be responsible for this? Many thanks. Evertb

 If you are using dhcp, this is it. (The dhcpcd, the client)

 Instead of changing the default scripts, I suggest you add something
 like

 rm -f /etc/resolv.conf
 cp /var/resolv.conf.ofmine /etc/resolv.conf

 to the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local

 Onur Kucuk