Hi folks...I have the following trouble: I have a cd-copier & a cd-reader,
Due to I want to perform direct cd copying I made some changes in fstab and
lilo.conf.

For example: when in fstab appeared  /dev/cdrom1  I put instead
dev=/dev/scd1 (This was to made SCSI simulation on the cd-reader)
I get both the cd-r & the cd-wr recognized by the front-ends of burning
although I cannot make any "on-the-fly" copies [This is another
problem!!!]...

The problem starts to arose when I tried to install some packages from the
download cd's... When Software Manager asks for the cd1, I put it on the
reader, and it ejects me the cd like it was a wrong one!!!

Well, here is when the problem arises!!!!!!...Due to my big ignorance I open
the file fstab and when it says dev=/dev/scd1 [IT IS MY CD-R] I put
something like this "dev=/dev/scd1,/dev/cdrom"

After that I rebooted and neither I can run the label failsafe nor the
"normal" linux entrie on lilo. Moreover I cannot bot in  "linux 2-2.secure".

When I tried to boot in any of those entries it stops in the "Checking root
filesystem" step with a msg like this :
"  The Superblocks on the device are corrupted, try to run an fsck" and it
says more things that I do not remember now.
However, one thing sounds strange for me.....It's says that I had to run
fsck when my root partition is on a journallised file system [EXT3]

Well, I know that this post might be very large, but... Unless I have a
solution, I'll have to re-install Linux-Mandrake 8.1

Thanks in Advance

Nicolas Gomez
Montevideo, URUGUAY