Strange problem with logging in.  Until yesterday I was letting the system
come up in console mode, logging in as 'andyd' and then running
'startx' to get into X-Windows.  Yesterday I chose the option of being
logged in automatically as andyd and in KDE.  When I do that, it
appears that it is not a login session.  At least .bash_profile does
not get run.  If I switch back to doing logging in manually, .bash_profile
does get run.  Shouldn't autologin run .bash_profile as the login shell
script?

The current workaround, of course, is to log in at a console first, then
run 'startx'.  But does anybody have any idea how I could make autologin
do what I think it should?

Don't know if it is related, but my PATH environment variable has
duplicate paths in it:
    /usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:
    /usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:
    /usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/home/andyd/bin

andy

        Andy Davidson   --- Pheon Research
   If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.