>I have a script that I need to add for cron to run once a week.
>How do i tell cron to run them? i have no idea where the cron
>configs are
>
>mandrake 8.1
>
>Jesse angell

Jesse,

1)  In your home directory, or somewhere abouts,
make a file called "mycronjobs" or something similar
that will easily remind you of what it is. It's in
this file that you'll put all your cron jobs.

2)  In the file, put one line as follows:

00 00 * * 01 /path/to/script

3) Back in the shell, type the following:

crontab mycronjobs <Enter>

And you're done. In the future, if you want to add
jobs, add them to this file, the update the cron
table with "crontab mycronjobs".

The first five numbers/asterisks in the job description are as
follows:

00-59   Minute
00-23   Hour
01-31   Day's date
01-12   Month
01-07   Day (Monday, etc.)

If you want a specific time or day, then use the numbers;
use an asterisk for any specifics that don't matter.
In the example I gave (00 00 * * 01) it will execute the
script at midnight (00 minutes, and 00 hours), on any date (*),
of any month (*), every Sunday (01). Or is 01 Monday? I forget.

Miark