tor 2002-01-24 klockan 08.16 skrev Brian Parish:

> I don't use cable access (i wish!) but from what I have read (on this

I went from a 14.4 modem (my 56k one got toasted) to cable a couple of
years ago. It was a sweet.

> If everything works with this hostname set and you are in fact using
> DHCP to get your address, you could look at /etc/sysconfig/network
> In here is a line (probably) which reads DHCP_HOSTNAME=xyz

It's all there.
I wonder if this is the problem. Do I have this backwards, I call my
system delirium, that is localhost = delirium and this name is what
shows up for DHCP_HOSTNAME. Do both my loopback and eth0 get the same
name? So, when I replace localhost in /etc/hosts for delirium there is a
conflict that gets resolved by resetting that entry?

Network stuff always confuses me.

Thanks,
        Bo