If you have 128 meg, create a swap partion or file of 512 meg.

How much memory is installed in you Linux box?

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Paul Kraus [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Thursday, January 24, 2002 1:40 PM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        [newbie] Swap Partititon

        Ok now this is confusing.

        4.1.3.1. The most simple
        Is where you have just two partitions: one for the swap space, the
other
        for the files1.
        Tip: The rule of thumb for the swap partition size is to choose
double
        of the size of your RAM memory. However for
        large memory configurations (>512 MB), this rule is not valid, and
        smaller sizes are preferred.

        Says to double your ram to create your swap file then it contradicts
        itself. Can someone explain exactly how this should be done and
maybe
        some theory behind it? I don't just like knowing how I like to now
why.
        Thanks.

        Paul Kraus
        Network Administrator
        PEL Supply Company
        (216) 267-5775 Voice
        (216) 267-6176 Fax
        www.pelsupply.com

         << File: message.footer >>

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named
recipient. If you are not the named recipient please telephone/email
the sender immediately. You should not disclose the content or
take/retain/distribute any copies.

Norwich Union Life & Pensions Limited
Registered Office 2 Rougier Street
York YO90 1UU
Registered in England Number 3253947
A member of the Norwich Union Marketing Group
which is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.
Member of the Association of British Insurers.

For further Enquires 01603 622200