Derek Jennings wrote:
20020128103634.TBFE7206.mta05-svc.ntlworld.com@there">
I kinda recall having problems getting my fax to work. Eventually I got it
working with KdeprintFax using EFax as the back end with this as the command
line used in 'Settings'
/usr/bin/fax 'NAME="%user"' DEV=%dev PAGE=%page 'FROM="%from"' send %res
%number %files

You can test if your serial port is working OK if you open a terminal and type
echo "ath1" > /dev/modem

That should cause your modem to go Off Hook. (ath0 to go On Hook again)
If /dev/modem does not work try /dev/ttyS0

HTH

derek

===== Original Message From Graham Watkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
=====
Is anybody aware of a simple Linux fax program that will work with a
group 1 fax modem (Hayes Accura external).

I have tried to use Hylafax but found the setup impossible.

Thanks Derek.

But I tried to get Efax working one time but it seems that it does not recognise group 1 fax modems.  Unless you know different, I don't think this is the way to go.
--

Graham Watkins

For me, morning begins when I realize that the soft warm body curled up next to me is a cat. (Kinky Friedman - Frequent Flyer)