On Tuesday 29 January 2002 06:33, marvin wrote:
[snip]
> So, this morning, I tried to do some WP with KWord.
>
> Looks O.K. on the screen, ah, a preview button (new). Garbled mess.  I
> print it out and the text is really close together, no spaces (that I can
> see) and in bold.   This works fine in 7.2 kmail by the way.
>
> So,  highlight cut and paste into AbiWord.  Refuses to paste.  I check the
> clipboard, yes it`s there. It pastes into other text editors but not
> AbiWord. Paste DOES work in AbiWord in Mandrake 7.2.
>
> Anyone else seeing :-
>
> a)  print problems from Kmail (v1.1 kde 2.2.1)
> b)  pasting problems into AbiWord (v0.9.2 ditto)

If you mean kword (not kmail) then yep, I've had the same problems with both
LM8.0 and 8.1.

> Does kde 2.2.2 fix these problems ?

Don't know, still using kde 2.2.1.

I gave up on kword because I couldn't get the printing side of it sorted, a
real shame because I really liked kword for WP.  I use OpenOffice.org instead.

skinky
--
oxymoron:  Microsoft Works