FLYNN, Steve wrote:

>Daft question, but what is UDF? I've never understood some of the odd types
>of CD you can create.

UDF is the file system created on a CDRW which enables you supposedly to
use it as a supplementary hard disk - dragging and dropping files to it
etc. (Though you have time to grow a beard while it actually does it.)
 I have managed to get linux to read, though not write, to UDF formatted
CDs by using the command:

mount -t udf /dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom2

This, on my system at least, has to be done as root. Also, I don't
always seem to be able to unmount it afterwards.

--
For me, morning begins when I realize that the soft warm body curled up next
to me is a cat.