On 31 Jan 2002 10:14:25 -0600
Dave Sherman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> revealed these words to me:

> On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 07:57, Paul Kraus wrote:
> > How do I access network resources in a windows workgroup? How do I share
> > a folder?
>
> Paul,
>
> To integrate Linux networking with Windows, you need the Samba suite of
> applications for Linux. These generally include 3 packages (rpm's)
> called samba-common, samba-server, and samba-client. Mandrake 8.1
> includes all of these, at version 2.2.2 if I remember correctly.
>
> You only need samba-common and samba-client to access shares on other
> computers. If you want to create shares that others can access from
> Windows (or Linux), then you also need samba-server.
>
> Once Samba is installed, there is ample documentation included to help
> you get started.
>
> Dave
> --
> Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.

to have gui for mounting network shares im using komba2 (somebody suggested
linneighborhood but i dont know that app). to share directories, you have to modify
your samba.conf. the mandrake installation contains the samba-doc package which
contains an excellent e-book in starting with samba. or you could try the SWAT
approach (http://localhost:901), if you have it installed, to create shares.

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back."

Anuerin G. Diaz
Design Engineer
Millennium Software, Incorporated
2305 B West Tower, Philippines Stocks Exchange Center,
Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City

Tel# 638-3070 loc. 72
Fax# 638-3079