On Friday 01 February 2002 12:12,    (Johnson, David, typed:
> How do people get their current uptime info into their e-mail
> signature?
-----------------------
Friday 01 February 2002  -- 13:49  68degF cloudy

Here is a piece of a message I ripped from Tom to do mine with David...

Tom Said:
    You can create a text file and 'chmod -x' it to run any suitable
executable, eg, /usr/bin/uptime.  I do this with kmail by making my
sig
executable and placing   /usr/games/fortune  in it as the last line.
So
while it probly varies with email clients, it should be easy to do.

  my sig:
echo  ____Tom Brinkman _________________ South Texas, USA_____
echo
/usr/games/fortune

here is my complete executable file in /home/olly/sigprog
   #this is a ollymade sig file for e-mail
echo Olly P......... Biloxi  Mississippi  ----   Linux MDK 8.0 and
 echo  2.4.3-20 mdk     Kmail 2.1.1
echo ATX Plll 600mhz Asus CUBX ...384m PC133ram
echo
 /usr/games/fortune

 echo
 /usr/bin/uptime
just put the path to this script in your kmail...
here is the result ...neat huh?
pay attention to (echo)

Ps...I did not have anything to do with Johnsons law...it came from
fortune just as it is <grin>

--
Olly P......... Biloxi Mississippi ---- Linux MDK 8.0 and
2.4.3-20 mdk Kmail 2.1.1

Johnson's law:
        Systems resemble the organizations that create them.

  2:01pm  up 4 days,  1:04,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00