On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 22:38:40 -0500
"Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scribbled in frustration:

>Michael Scottaline wrote:
>>
>> I just plug it in and it is automagically detected, a mount point is
>> automagically created and believe it or not /etc/fstab is automagically
>> edited to reflect the new device.
>> Mike
>
>Just out of curiosity, and to be clear...that is under 8.1 *with* devfs
>enabled, correct?
>
>See, that would not work on my setup, because I had to disable devfs.
>With devfs enabled, I can't use my CDRW... ;-(
Aahhh..., I run Mandrake here at home, but i forgot which list I was
responding to.  At work, my two laptops and my desktop run RH 7.2.  My
above comments refer to my experiences with RH 7.2 NOT Mandrake 8.1. Mike

"Many loads of beer were brought.  What disorder, whoring,
fighting, killing, and dreadful idolatry took place there."
Baltasar Rusow, Estonia, mid 16th Century