While trying to boot from CD and install, I get to the point where it tries
to load the second stage ramdisk and it errors out saying it cannot
uncompress the second stage ramdisk. In the logs it tells me trying to load
/tmp/image/Mandrake/base/mdkinst_stage2.bz2 as ramdisk.

In the kernel msgs I get a scrolling set of errors:
<4> hdc: cdrom_decode_status: status=0x51 DriveReady SeekComplete Error
<4> hdc: cdrom decode_status: error=0x34

It repeats these lines several times then gives:
ATAPI reset complete.
<6> end_request I/O error dev 16:00 hdc sector ....

It repeats all of these, with a different sector number each time. I've
burned several copies from two different mirrors with no luck.

Also, immediately after I burn disk 1 I can read it on my Windows machine,
but if I eject the CD I can no longer read it, but it still boots from it to
to the install. I can read disks 2 and 3 fine on my other machines. I've
also installed versions 6, 7.2 and 8.0 with (basically) the same hardware
and no problems.

chris