Edit your configuration file.

If you use LILO, edit /etc/lilo.conf so that under your present boot
section you have
    append = "hd?=ide-scsi"
(where the question mark is replaced with the drive designation of the CD-R
or CD-RW drive, for example for the common arrangement where it's the
secondary master ide device you would have hdc=ide-scsi). If there's
already an append line there, just add this to it. Save the lilo.conf you
just edited and then type: /sbin/lilo (on a root command line).

At 12:28 AM 2/5/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Pardon my asking this question, which I know has been answered a bunch of
>times, but I have tried unsuccessfully to find it in the archives - what
>is the line I put in lilo.conf to make the system think my IDE CD-RW is
>SCSI? And where?
>
>Thanks!

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

                o o o o o o o o > > > > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]