Title: usb-storage

I have a digital camera and flash card reader I want to use with Linux. I have Mandrake 8.1 installed.

I have been trying to follow guidelines on how to setup usb and that part seems to work fine.
However, my usb devices are Mass Storage devices that need the usb-storage driver.
All the documentation states that this driver uses scsi support. I have checked that the Mandrake8.1 2.4 kernel has scsi as modules and that seems fine.

My problem is following the usb-storage guidelines that suggest the following:
1) look at /proc/scsi/scsi for scsi device
   - I don't have a /proc/scsi directory ?

2) mount the /dev/sda device as your usb-storage device
   - I don't have any /dev/sd* devices in the dev directory.

So, I presume my scsi support is not setup correctly or at all?
I have tried reinstalling with expert mode and saying yes to the question "Do you have any SCSI devices installed". However, the generic scsi driver is not in the list and the install program won't let me go any further unless I select no scsi devices??

The linux-usb site states that my card reader works with Mandrake 8.1 so I should be able to get this to work.

How do I set up SCSI with the result of having /proc/scsi and /dev/scsi devices ?

Please help, it is greatly appreciated,

Alan Patterson

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nexan Limited.

If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify Nexan Limited by phoning 01223 713500 or by fax on 01223 713501.

NOTE:
We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage sustained as a result of software viruses.  It is your responsibility to carry out such virus checking as is necessary before opening any attachment.