> Delete  .xmms directory in your home
>
> that will fix it

That was cool.  I renamed it and when restarting xmms it created
a new one.  Nice.

BUT it still wont load at all now.  I uninstalled some
visualization plugins maybe i shouldn't have.

ANYWAY I am now on a path of reinstalling xmms and getting an
upgrade while about it.

I have the rpms from

http://www.xmms.org/download.html

It tells me there I need:  mikmod 3.17 or better req - I have
3.1.6

<later>

I have spent hours finding likely files that might fix one
dependency problem after another...  I must be doing this wrong!
 It cant be this hard to upgrade one program???

I am using gnorpm and cant actually copy the dependency problems
from there to here.

Walter