Thanks, Steve.  I can view the file fine, just not with a text editor
the way I believe I would be able to with a post script file.  What
sucks is that this job was done as a template to be used for Linux
classes we are offereing here in NY.  So, if we can't edit them in
Linux, all that work was for naught.

Another reason why you need to use Free Software, ladies and gentlemen.

So, what are my options?  Take a print-out of the flyer and try to
re-create it using a free software layout program?  Which would you
reccomend?  I'm not sure where to get started on LaTeX, kIllustrator
doesn't seem very professional, have you tried Scribus?  There's an
article today about it on NewsForge [
http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/02/04/179247 ]

Thanks for the offer of sending it to you to edit, Steve, but I have
access to the original machine that created it, I need a way to edit it
on other machines.

Thanks.

- Paul Rodriguez