you might have a firewall blocking some ports?

try:
showmount -e [ip address]

to see if your server is exporting the fs correctly....

also make sure you have nfs services started up on your client box.

make sure portmap is running on both boxes. and you can communicate on
those ports (no firewall blocking)

rpcinfo -p [ip address]
should have mountd and nfs listed as rpc services on the server machine.