Hi,

I am a newbie in linux.  Recently I installed LM 8.1 from 3 CD-ROMs, which I
have burned from ISO images that I downloaded from internet.  My system is
like:

Pentium 133
128 MB Ram
ATI Mach64 RAGE/GT
3Com Etherlink III ISA (3C509b-TPO)
2 HDs (1 GB-Windows 95 & 4 GB-Windows and Linux)
CD-ROM, floppy, etc

During installation (not in expert mode), I noticed that some steps are
skipped, like network configuration.

After installation, now I have a running system, but there are various
problems that I could not figure out, some of which might or might not be
related to the incomplete (?) installation.  These are:

1) There is no DrakeConf in either Gnome or KDE.  There are some tools for
configuration having the same icons with DrakeConf (such as hardware, boot &
init), but I believe this is an incomplete DrakeConf.  There is no tool for
display, network settings (some more that I can not remember now), no
wizards have been installed.  I did not respond any specific questions
during installation, to deny installation of any of these components.  Are
those components part of a purchased system?

2) Primary language is set to US English, whereas secondary language is set
to Turkish.  I configured my keyboard as a 101 key Turkish keyboard, too.
However, I can visualize some Turkish characters (ISO-88...-9) correctly,
only when I run K-Word under Gnome (not KDE) and with no application else.
Is it something expected?

3) I can not find files by Nautilius, it returns an error indicating root
has disabled indexing of the files.  How can I enable indexing?

4) There is a network at my workplace, which uses Novell netware.  I have a
novell client at my computer, by which I can connect the network from
Windows 95.  Is there any chance for me to connect to the same network from
Linux, either with or without a Novell client?

Thanks in advance for the ones who may reply specifically, or recommend some
specific resources for me to read.

Hakan