You had to ask AFTER I ripped my notes up  :o)

CUPS contains a driver for the G85 Office Jet and Sourceforge contains
information on these drivers.  If you log on to HP and search for linux
drivers you will find an address for this project which gives a table
of suitable drivers to use.

regards

Daryl

(just found a quarter of paper in the bin  :o)
hpoj.sourceforge.net/suplst.shtml )

> We're thinking of moving our HP OfficeJet R65 printer/scanner from a
> Windows box to my Linux box, but  HP don't provide Linux drivers for
> this model.  Printing works with the HP 600 series driver, but I'm
> not sure about scanning software.  Anyone have any experience in this
> area?
>
> Robin

No user-servicable parts inside.  Refer to qualified service personnel.