Charles Muller wrote:
> I had originally set up Mandrake 8.1 with the same high resolution that
> I had been running on Windows (1289 x 1024), but all the fonts are just
> too small. I tried to find a way to lower the settings in my new Ximian
>   Desktop, but couldn't find anything. I don't remember now if there was
> a  way to make the change in KDE either. Does anyone have experience
> with this?

The simplest thing that works (if your machine is set up with a variety
of modelines in the appropriate file) is to press <ctrl><alt>- (minus)
to decrease the screen resolution, or + to increase it.  (While in X)

Don't remember the name of the file, but if this doesn't work then you
have to fool around with the X configuration files.

Randy Kramer