Hi everybody,
        We've been having a lot of power troubles recently (ice storm) and as a
consequence, my computer has been abused by power outages and power ups (I
wasn't home to turn it all off).  Anyway, now sound is goofy.  I can get
sound to work in XMMS if I start it through the console.  I had to kill the
"sound" services and turn off aRtsd.  Both of these used to be running and
everything was fine.  (I'm running KDE).  Now if I try to start xmms through
the menu system, it will either freeze or not die before it ever comes up.
It works fine if I start  it in console.  Does anyone have any ideas on what
may be wrong and how to fix it??  TIA

Linus