On Saturday 09 February 2002 12:06, Ravi typed:
> All: is it fact that a PCI modem can't be used to dial and connect to
> the Internet?
> The modem I have is a 3Com 56K V.90 Mini PCI Modem.

clipped short
------------------------
-----Saturday 09 February 2002 --17:40hrs

No it is not a fact Ravi....I am using a Zoom 2920 PCI modem and it
works fine.....after a few setserial tricks etc.....

        This modem however is a hardware PCI modem and uses no drivers....I am
not familiar with your brand but some of the winmodems have been
cribbed up to work also...there is a website for modem
information....grometic? or something? but look for that and there are
lists of modems that can be made to work. including PCI.

luck to'ya

--
Olly P......... Biloxi Mississippi ---- Linux MDK 8.0 and
2.4.3-20 mdk Kmail 2.1.1

Sat Feb  9 17:49:37 EST 2002

  5:49pm  up  5:00,  2 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.04, 0.01