On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 09:28:25 +0800
"Tonton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scribbled in frustration:

>I experienced interference-like in the display in my monitor when I'm
>using Linux, but when I'm using Windows, it didn't happen.  What should I
>do?
>
>Here's my system specs.
>
>P-III 600 MHz
>17 GB Hard disk
>  where I partition my hard drive using Partition Magic
>
>  C: 7,773.6 MB for Windows 98 FAT32 Primary
>  D: 5,655.7 MB FAT32 Logical
>  Linux 3,012.2 MB for Linux LinuxExt32 Logical
>
>64 MB RAM
>
>16 MB Video Card
>    based on Windows properties of my video adapter:
>
>Manufacturer: SiS 300/305
>Hardware version: 080
>
>Monitor brand: Viewsonic 14" model E40-3
>
>version: Linux Mandrake 8.0
How do you have X configured?  Color depth, resolution???
You might want to try a lighter weight WM like Blackbox, Ice, or
Windowmaker ir you're presently using KDE or Gnome.

Mike

--
"Always remember, I have taken more out of alcohol than
alcohol has taken out of me."