On Sat, 2002-02-09 at 16:43, Marcia wrote:
> For those of you who are using vmware 2.04 on Linux Mandrake 8.1 how exactly
> did you install Peter's Patch? That is the tarball that makes it possible to
> install and run vmware 2.04 on LM8.1? I am a newbie when it comes to applying
> a patch to a kernel and I have not found anything that tells one how to do it
> from a tarball. Would someone kindly walk me through this? Thanks for the
> help.
> Sincerely,
> Marcia
>
> ----

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
Hi Marcia,

Basically,all you have to do is unpack the tar ball <tar -zxvf
somefile.tar.gz>  then run the patch. I believe it is called runme.pl
and it will ask you if you want the patches applied. You will then have
to run vmware-config.pl again and then you should be all set. By the
way, you should have VMware installed prior to running the patch. I hope
this helps.

Pat