On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 17:56:39 +0100, Nicolas VERITE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi !
>
> What are the relationships between Mozilla and Galeon ?
>
> I konw Galeon uses the Mozilla's Gecko engine...
>
> I mean :
> how much are they inter-dependant ?

Not very much. In fact, Mozilla doesn't need Galeon at all. Galeon is only one
of many browsers that embed Gecko as a rendering engine. It uses GTK+ to do the
embedding. Chris Blizzard (a Red hat developer employed to work on Mozilla) is
currently working on porting it to GTK2. I have seen him post on the
galeon-devel mailing list, so there is some co-operation and communication
between the Mozilla and Galeon projects.

> How to upgrade one without breaking the other ?

Galeon builds are written for a particular version of Mozilla, usually the most
recent Mozilla release available at the time. You really should use the Mozilla
version that is recommended for your version of Galeon. This isn't as bad as it
sounds, because support is usually added for a new Mozilla version within a few
days of its release.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

                   "And in the end, reality always tends to hit
                theory hard in the face when you least expect it."
                                -- Linus Torvalds