> > >%_
> > First boot with my 2.4.17 kernel, thanks to Charles, and Sridhar
>Dhanapalan,
> > i've
> > NOT destroyed my system this time ;o)
> >
> > BTW .. as soon as it booted, i ran kpm and noticed 0% swap being used...
> > huge
> > difference!
> >

>Where did you find the 2.4.17 kernel?

right here:

ftp://mandrake.redbox.cz/Mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS

then i downloaded and installed kernel*.rpm

( you don't need the kernel-source or docs to install it, i just needed them
myself to make vmware workstation work. )

oh, someone else mentioned that if you use iptables you had to upgrade them
too.