On 12 Feb 2002 02:01:32 -0500, Paul Rodríguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is the ip address that shows up when I run ifconfig my real ip address?
> I connect via adsl i get assigned dynamic ip's, but how do I find out
> what my real ip address is right now?

The "inet addr" in /sbin/ifconfig is the real IP address for that particular
device.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"I was never a "big thinker". One of my philosophies in Linux has always been to
not worry about the future too much, but make sure that we make the best of what
we have now - together with keeping our options open for the future and not
digging us into a hole." -- Linus Torvalds