On 12 Feb 2002 09:54:55 -0500, Paul Kraus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am running gnome desktop. Is there system tray that will work
> globablly for apps? I want to at a glance see If i have IM's or Email
> waiting to be read. With having to have the app open on the desktop.

Have you tried looking at GNOME's Panel applets? There are several mailchecking
applets, and some IM apps (e.g. GnomeICU) can embed status indicators into a
Panel. If you want, you can even swallow entire apps into a panel, overriding
the window manager.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

          phj34r my 5kr1p7 k!1d13 haxX0r 73kn!q. ! 0wn j0o ll4m@ +00|z