db wrote:

> I am new to Mandrake and Linux.  During the install  I setup the "tiny
> firewall" and changed the Security level to Medium.  Upon revisting the
> security section (thru the KDE interface) twice since, it tells me that the
> firewall is in place but each time following a reboot the security level
> seems to return to "Welcome to Crackers".  Can anyone explain this and tell
> me if I am doing anything wrong?

There's nothing wrong, db ! - Just a "glitch" in the dialog-box. In fact
you ARE in medium level. You can check it : open a file-manager (i.e.
Konqueror in KDE of Nautilus in Gnome) and try to read someting in a
directory not belonging to you, for example : /root or another users
files. Impossible ! - There's a command-line option to check the levels
as well, but I don't remember it, sorry. Anyway : it's allright.

Regards

Kaj haulrich